Thursday, October 13, 2011

4 | What I Bring To Your Table

Possibility and potential are knocking at the door #UOCreativeStrat. I don't know most of you. Let's change that and if you're interested, make something amazing in the process!

I come from a very different background. I'm studying business. There, I said it. Dirty dirty word. I'm pursuing a career in account management, maybe strategy, maybe media. I am not a suit (though I do look very dapper in a three-piece). Though, I can bring a very essential viewpoint to the creative spectrum. The best work isn't merely about products and bottom lines, nor is it just about creativity and magic. Great work is the result of those extremes coming together to strategize and collaborate. Let's make some "positive friction" (much thanks to Scott Bedbury for that) with this project!
If doing this for thirteen years makes me a square, so be it. 

Now with that said on what I can bring, here is what I am:
 
Improvement finder and problem solver - I look at situations, projects, etc. with a critical perspective and always ask "how can we do this better?" "What can we learn more about to better understand/deliver on this?" I analyze what's going on, because somewhere in there (or out there) is a new insight or clue to improvement.
Communicator and unifier - Aren't we all? The greatest team work comes from when the team members are all on the same page. I love helping the people I work with reach that. When that happens, then we can really build something bigger than a class project or even the start of a brand. We can build a vision, and that's something that transcend the 90% of ________ in Morrisonian Theory.
Endlessly curious - I read books and periodicals. I surf the interwebs. I go to seminars and workshops. I take classes outside my major requirements. Why? Because it's fascinating! I will never say no to learning something new. Learning and the pursuit of more is my mission in life. That's what led me here, and that's what takes me forward. I'm new(ish) to this landscape. But that doesn't make me clueless. I'm decently well read and I going to expand on with this project.

I'm also very flexible in roles. Let's use this content specialization project to grow as professionals and as people. I want to learn what your creative process is, how you tell a story, and where you hope to go from here. I'll share the same with you, and then some stuff that might seem a little alien or square. Have a drink with me - beer or coffee, both are delicious - and let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment